For sometime now I have been flirting with the idea of doing a cinematic shoot inspired by a movie I love but I haven’t been compelled enough to get the ball rolling. This quickly changed when I saw the Maleficent trailer staring Angelina Jolie. It’s a magnificent trailer filled with suspense and awe carried by a beautifully haunting song by Lana De Rey. The moment I watched this trailer my mind started to fill with ideas. I wanted to portray a look that embodies Maleficient. She’s so powerful and wicked yet so alluring and vulnerable at the same time. I’m not sure if I was able to pull that off but I tried my best. =)
It took me awhile to find the perfect hero piece for this look. Because I’m petite I knew there was going to be some work cut out for me. Luckily, I found this amazing coat which came in size triple XS (you heard that right, it XXXS!). This was first time I found something in this size and I was thrilled! No alteration needed, phew! To finish off the look, I’m wearing a black maxi dress paired with some kick-a** booties from Vince Camuto. My husband actually found them the night before the shoot. He has such a good eye!
Since the movie doesn’t come out in theaters until May, I hope you’ll share the excitement with me through watching our video and photos. I’m counting the days and I hope I won’t be disappointed! I can’t wait to share with you more cinematic-inspired shoots in the future! Which movie would you like me to do next? Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Makeup Me | Hair Jenny Vu | Photo & Video My Love
We are over the moon to have this post featured in IFB weekly roundup as well as on the main homepage. Thank you everyone for your sweet comments and support. Our next cinematic post will be coming soon. <3
Maybe it’s the return of 90’s minimalism, but these days it seems like the word on the street is all about getting back to the basics. Investing in the classics, returning to classically understated style and timeless beauty. Of course we all have to update this notion of “classic” to fit into our world today, which is why identifying what that means is a never-ending conversation. This week’s links will give you some inspiration to that “classic” look that’s just right for you.
- Style By Alina: Inspired by Maleficent
- A Beauty Loft: Tutorial : 4 Easy Steps to Spiral Curls
- Adorned in Armor: Audrey Hepburn
- Attire Club: A Guide to Color Coordinating Your Clothes
- Confessions of a Style Cookie: Princesses in New York
- Fashion Me Purdy: 8th Generation Launches Inspired Natives
- Flower City Fashionista: On Shopping Sales
- Frugal Shopaholic: 8 Wardrobe Staples With The Splurge
- Hunting in Heels: Style Icon: Katherine Hepburn
- I Can Style U: What’s the deal with flatforms?
- Ms. Fabulous: Pratt Fashion Honors African American Pioneers
- Romeo Style: Style Tips: Gold Bangles & Bracelets
- Save Spend Spurge: How Much Money Does It Cost To Be a Top Tier Fashion Blogger
- Sealed With A Kiss: 1940s Rationed Fashion
- Style Curated: Two British Belles of Beauty
- Style Through Her Eyes: 5 Tips on Giving Gifts
- Style Vanity: #Want Makeup 3D Printer
- The Curatorial: A Fashion Minded Illustration Swap
- The Glambition: To Try: Orange Lipstick
- We Are Ready Made: May Rodarte Be With You